What is mouse acceleration on Windows 10? let’s talk about this. Whether you use a laptop or a PC, the mouse still plays a huge part in our day-to-day computer-related tasks. Even though the mouse has been there forever, there is something most users still don’t have much idea about. That is mouse acceleration. Today, we are going to talk about what is mouse acceleration on Windows 10 and how to turn it off.
There are tons of articles written on how to turn off mouse acceleration on Windows 10. Yes, we are also going to explain how to do it, but that is not the main objective of this article. We want our readers to get a comprehensive idea about what is mouse acceleration.
What is mouse acceleration on Windows 10?
Do you think the cursor moves the same distance on the monitor of your computer to the distance you move the mouse on the mouse pad? Actually, it is not about the distance, but the speed you move the mouse is considered in mouse acceleration. The sensors make sure that the cursor works according to the speed you manipulate the mouse on the mouse pad.
When the mouse acceleration is turned on, the cursor will travel more depending on the speed you move the mouse. If you are working with a smaller workstation and find it difficult to maneuver the mouse, this feature will become beneficial for you.
However, there are certain drawbacks as well. Let’s see the pros and cons of mouse acceleration.
Pros and cons of mouse acceleration
Let’s talk about the advantages first.
Pros of mouse acceleration
- As we discussed, it helps you move the cursor freely when working with small-spaced workstations. Since the mouse travels further even with a short (but fast) movement, you don’t have to allocate much space for your mouse on the table.
- As the cursor runs fast, the tasks you do on your computer becomes fast as well. Simply, if you think moving your mouse takes time unnecessarily, you can turn this setting on to quicken up your works.
- If you are working with MS Office tools, a lagging mouse cursor can be a burden for most of the functions. However, when you turn on Mouse acceleration, it will become much easy, and you can save your time as well.
Cons of mouse acceleration
- Mouse acceleration might not be the best friend of gamers who are particularly into shooting or aiming games. It will make harder to get used to the new mouse speed, and you could miss the easiest of opportunities! It’s something associated with muscle memory and does take a considerable period of time for you to get used to.
- High-speed cursors will make your life difficult when you do delicate works on your computer. If you are using the PC for photo or video editing tasks, a fast-moving cursor can play the spoil game; it’s an absolute NO in such situations.
- Although you think it will speed up your overall tasks, a high-speed cursor could work otherwise and make everything a mess.
Since you now know the advantages and disadvantages, it’s up to you to decide what you do with mouse acceleration. However, as far as we are concerned, our suggestion would be to turn it off if it is already on, for obvious reasons.
If you are thinking about how to turn off mouse acceleration on Windows 10, here is how you do it.
How to turn off mouse acceleration on Windows 10
Actually, this feature is turned on by default on your Windows 10 computer. Most gamers, in particular, want this setting to turn off to play the games smoothly. You can follow the below mentioned simple method to turn off mouse acceleration on Windows 10.
First, type “mouse settings” in the search and click mouse settings from the suggested results. From there, navigate to “additional mouse settings.” Then you will see a window for the mouse properties.
Now, go to “pointer options” and from there, “motion.” You can turn off the mouse acceleration by unselecting the “enhance pointer precision.”
Now try working with the mouse and see how it goes. You should notice normal mouse speed after you change this setting.
Before we end the article, let’s answer some of the frequently asked questions about mouse acceleration on Windows 10.
Should I adjust mouse acceleration on Windows 10?
This setting is more applicable to gamers, and it makes difficult to maneuver the mouse when this feature is turned on. In addition, fast mouse speed is not easy to deal with for those who play shooting types of games, and we recommend you to turn off this setting to play your games with ease.
I find it difficult to work with my mouse speed; why?
There can be two reasons contributing to this issue. First of all, you have to check on the game settings you applied for the mouse speed. If you have set high mouse speeds, obviously, the mouse will work fast and bring you handling issues. The second reason is the mouse acceleration that we discussed thus far. You will have to disable it on your computer to manipulate the mouse smoothly.
Mouse speed changes frequently; why?
One of the primary causes for this condition is outdated (or corrupted) mouse drivers. You can update the mouse drivers to fix these issues instantly. There are two ways to update drivers; manual and automatic. We recommend you stick with automatic driver updates. In the meantime, please check on the mouse acceleration as well. If you turn this feature on, you could feel abnormal mouse speeds.
We hope everything we explained in this article is crystal clear for you. When you are making changes to the settings on your computer, it is always crucial to know what you are doing before you do something. If something goes terribly wrong, you would know what has caused it and how to rectify it. If you are in need of further assistance, please comment on your issue. We will answer it asap. Have a great day!
More on tipsta.info: How to get rid of computer fan noise? read here.